Sunday, March 2, 2014

If buildings could talk...

http://www.silverspringincorporated.com/2014/03/satireday-silver-spring-transit-center-gains-sentience-self-awareness/

You heard wrong. 

The Silver Spring Transit Center didn't say: “What… is… love?” 

It said: "Help... me!"

"I'm cracked and weak... my guts (reinforcement) are exposed... Some of my skeleton (reinforcement) is missing... I'm soooooo thin... (slabs more than an inch less thick than they're supposed to be) ... The food that they gave me (concrete) was watered down... When I was just days old, they left me unprotected in the freezing cold without heat to cure my concrete... Now they're going to add even more weight to my thin, weak and severely cracked frame (two inch thick latex concrete overlay)... Where were those who were supposed to be watching me when I was formed?... (Montgomery County project staff, onsite construction management team, building inspectors, in-house engineers, etc.,  Concrete and Special Quality Inspector (Balter Co.), Foulger Pratt, Parsons Brinkerhoff, WMATA, Maryland Mass Transit Administration, Federal Transit Administration, politicians) ... Where are those who $upported me? (politician$, Montgomery County, $tate of Maryland and U$ taxpayer$, the media, METRO rider$) ... What is to become of me?... What is my future?... Will I collapse?... or die of neglect?... before I'm even born? (opened) ... They fight over me... I'm an orphan now... I hear that I'm going to Court to determine my future... Will I be a foster transit center?... Oh, woe is me."

"Please... help... me."





No comments:

Post a Comment