Sunday, February 9, 2014

Outrageous!

We, the people, should be outraged. 

We paid top dollar ($120 million, and counting) for a brand new, state-of-the-art transit center (more than 50% of the funding are federal funds). In turn, we receive a severely flawed, over-budget, yet-to-be-opened Silver Spring Transit Center (extensive cracking, slabs more than an inch thinner than called for, exposed reinforcement, missing reinforcement, 250 underdesigned beams, leaks, etc.). 

Do you accept broken goods as new that you pay more than retail for? I don't. I return them. Why should I accept broken goods as brand new? 

If I took a broken, NEW product, that I paid more than retail for, back to the supplier, and the supplier wanted to fix it, completely on the supplier's terms, without my approval, I'd say "not so fast"!. I wouldn't have it. (At the very least, I'd have the supplier state in writing that the supplier is responsible for all repair costs. However, it's supposed to be new; I don't want one that is/was broken.)

Montgomery County marches on with repairs to the severely flawed SSTC without our input. This is outrageous! We paid top dollar for the SSTC. 

Tell your federal government representatives (and your Montgomery County Council representative, if you live in Montgomery County) that you don't want the severely flawed, over-budget, yet-to-be-opened Silver Spring Transit Center, that you paid more than retail for as new, whether Montgomery County says that it's fixed, or not.







No comments:

Post a Comment